- Награда ЮНЕСКО-Япония по образованию в интересах устойчивого развития. К участию в конкурсе приглашаются физические лица, учреждения и организации с конкретным проектом или программой ОУР, которые работают в течение не менее 4 лет и отвечают критериям трансформации, интеграции и инноваций
- Глобальная Водная награда IWA. Награда присуждается признает исключительный вклад, внесенный отдельными лицами для улучшения устойчивого водоснабжения и санитарии во всем мире
- Исследовательские гранты для ученых из Кавказа и Центральной Азии. Приглашенные ученые будут проводить исследовательскую деятельность, связанную с темами проекта «Сельскохозяйственная торговля и иностранные инвестиции для устойчивой региональной интеграции на Кавказе и в Центральной Азии – SARICCA»
- Исследовательские гранты в области распространения грамотности и доступности. Вознаграждения будут составлять до 30 тыс. Долл. США за каждое предложение по проектам продолжительностью до одного года, начиная с августа 2018 года
- Награда ЮНЕСКО-Япония по образованию в интересах устойчивого развития
The 2018 call for nominations of the UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), which is still open for submissions until Thursday, 3rd May (midnight, Paristime). It is endowed with USD 50,000 for each of the 3 laureates and will be awarded at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris in October.
Eligible for the Prize are individuals, institutions and organizations with a specific ESD project or programme having been running for at least 4 years and meeting the criteria of transformation, integration and innovation.
Please note that nominations can only be submitted by governments of UNESCO Member States, and by NGOs in official partnership with UNESCO. Interested candidates are, therefore, advised to contact the National Commission for UNESCO of their country, or a partner NGO in official relations with UNESCO.
Further information can be found here:
We would be pleased if you could share this call for nominations widely.
In case of any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Глобальная Водная награда IWA
Nominations are open for IWA’s Global Water Award to recognise those individuals who, through innovative leadership and practice, have made a significant contribution to a world in which water is wisely managed. Showcasing exceptional individuals who have changed industry norms to create lasting progress, IWAs Global Water Award aims to recognise and reward those water innovators that are driving change.
The IWA Awards Committee seeks to find true influencers, leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators, identifying globally significant, sector changing success stories that will inspire and motivate others. The IWA Global Water Award is awarded by a panel of experts from across the water cycle, and recognises the exceptional contribution made by an individual to improve sustainable water and sanitation globally. It is awarded every two years at the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition.
The IWA Global Water Awards rewards an individual that has shown exceptional imagination, foresight or resilience to overcome obstacles and challenge industry norms to create new directions and open new possibilities for sustainable water management and practice. She or he must have worked inclusively and with professionals from across sectors and disciplines to create an innovative water solution/management practice that impacts/influences broader sustainable development.
- Everyone can submit a nomination for this award, both IWA members and Non-Members.
- The following criteria will form the basis for selection:
- Demonstrated excellence in science, technology, management or policy
- Vision, leadership, knowledge, persistence, creating new directions and opening new fields
- Recognised internationally within the membership of IWA
- Awardees need not be an IWA member
How to Apply
- An executive summary outlining the main reason for the nomination (maximum 500 words);
- A Letter of Nomination (Detailed letter describing in detail how the candidate meets the criteria stipulated above (maximum 4 A4 pages);
- At least one letter of support for the nomination.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Deadline: 5 May 2018 For more information, please visit IWA’s Global Water Award.
3. Исследовательские гранты для ученых из Кавказа и Центральной Азии
Call for visiting scientist from Caucasus and Central Asia
The Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) invites three scientists from Caucasus and Central Asia to carry out up to two months of research stay at IAMO. Visiting scientists will conduct research activities related to the topics of the project «Agriculture Trade and Foreign Investments for Sustainable Regional Integration in Caucasus and Central Asia – SARICCA» financed by DAAD. The main aim of the project is to investigate options of regional and international integration in Caucasus and Central Asian countries.
The visiting fellows will work closely with IAMO and researchers from partner institutes on the analysis of trade patterns and regional cooperation. Policy briefs and reports will be generated as results of these research stays. Furthermore, the results of the research stay will be presented in an IAMO/DAAD conference to be held in September 2018 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
IAMO will cover travel expenses and provides a fellowship (between 1000 and 2000 Euro per month depending on the qualification) as well as workspace to carry out the intended research. The visiting scientists are responsible for arranging their travel and accommodation in Halle themselves. Housing, living and insurance costs need to be covered from the fellowship provided by IAMO. Senior scientists, post-docs and advanced level Ph.D. students from universities and institutes of Caucasus and Central Asia with good English knowledge are eligible to obtain the funding. The scientists working in the following research topics will obtain higher priorities in the process of selection:
- One belt one Road initiative
- Options for facilitating intra-regional and international trade of agricultural commodities
- Policy regulation and trade distortions
- Transformation of supply chains under global and regional integration policies
- Productivity and efficiency of agricultural production
- Effect of climate change on rural livelihoods
- The role of climate change adaptation measures
- Development of agricultural insurance markets
Application procedure Electronic applications (in English language) should be submitted as one pdf-file to Ms. Antje Elsner (email@example.com ) with the subject «application to visiting scientist fellowship» and should contain following documents:
- Letter of motivation (up to 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae with the list of publications
For additional information on the advertised call please contact Dr. Ihtiyor Bobojonov (Email: bobojonov(at)iamo.de, Tel: +49 345 2928-247).
4. Исследовательские гранты в области распространения грамотности и доступности
In order to better understand and address global literacy and accessibility issues, Facebook is currently inviting the academic community to respond to a call for research proposals in the field of literacy and accessibility.
Grants will be awarded for both qualitative and quantitative research proposals including, but not limited to:
- Novel, scalable methods on accessing individual or population literacy levels.
- Understanding the experiences and challenges associated with literacy issues.
- Understanding the social, structural, and technology issues that prevent people from improving literacy skills.
- Understanding the impact of literacy skills on individuals and society.
- Digital, social technologies used to improve literacy level, especially, closing the gender gap in literacy rate.
- Design and development of technologies to elevate the literacy barrier, preferably with a focus on social and AI technologies.
- Awards will be made up to $30K USD per proposal for projects up to one year in duration beginning August 2018.
- Representatives from each awarded project will be invited to a workshop with other participants in November 2018 to share preliminary results, and are expected to attend an evaluation meeting in late January 2019. Opportunities for a second round of funding will be determined at the January meeting. Travel costs to Menlo Park CA, USA should be included in the proposed budget. Award recipients will be listed on the Facebook Research website and will be encouraged to openly publish any findings from their work as well as make any code available as open source.
How to Apply
- Proposals should include:
- A summary of the project (1-2 pages) explaining the area of focus, a description of techniques, any relevant prior work, and a timeline with milestones and expected outcomes.
- A draft budget description (1 page) including an approximate cost of the award and explanation of how funds would be spent
- Curriculum Vitae for all project participants.
- Applicants can apply via given website.
Deadline: 25 July 2018 For more information, please visit.
Рассылка «Общественного Совета при МКУР МФСА»