|The Act-Development Central Asia Forum|
ACT Development is an initiative that brings together churches and church-related organizations in a new global alliance aimed at eradicating poverty, injustice and the abuse of human rights. This alliance will focus on long-term development. In Central Asia, the Act Development Forum consists of several European donor agencies who have been working together already for several years. Under the flag of Act-D Central Asia, a forum for cooperation is formed between the agencies Dan Church Aid, Christian Aid, Norwegian Church Aid and ICCO.
For the past year , these cooperating agencies have been supported with the advice of a Regional Advisory Group. The reason for establishing the Regional Advisory Group was that the agencies wanted to take new steps in involving local expertise and experience more intensively in the work, based on the belief that development and change needs to be owned as much as possible by those directly engaged in that process. This Regional Advisory Group at the moment consists of 6 high profile individuals, with equal representation from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikstan. In 2008 the Advisory Group will be transformed into two national level Advisory Groups: one for Tajikistan and one for Kyrgyzstan/Kazakhstan. Each national level Advisory Group will be expanded with addition (regional) members with different backgrounds and experience. To facilitate this transformation, as well as to support and strengthen the Advisory Groups, a facilitator will be hired by the Act-D CA forum for a period of 1 year.
On behalf of Act-Development Central Asia, ICCO is looking for candidates to apply for the following job position.
Facilitator for the Advisory Groups
(m/f, 0,5 FTE – 0,3 FTE)
Duty station: Kyrgyzstan and/or Tajikistan
Focus working area: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan
Tasks of the facilitator for the Advisory Groups:
1. transform the original Advisory Group into the two national Advisory Groups,
2. build, support, strengthen and facilitate the Advisory Groups, to enable them to make the most of their role as a member of the Advisory Group.
3. identifying new, additional members for both Advisory Groups
4. support and facilitate both Advisory Groups at the national level and link them together at the regional level
5. linking the Advisory Groups with the Act-D CA agencies and the programs they are developing, and assist them in the interpretation of general and thematic agency policies.
6. contribute to the teambuilding of the groups in there new composition, providing them with the necessary information and if requested, assisting in strengthening of the groups.
7. contribute to information sharing, exchange and linking and facilitating/coordinate:
— within the Advisory Groups
— between the Advisory Groups and the Forum
— between the Advisory Groups and program coalitions.
8. stimulate the learning process regarding the programmatic approach, cooperation and shared responsibility through an Advisory Group.
The facilitator reports to and coordinates with the chair of the Act-Development Central Asia forum on a regular basis.
Profile of the facilitator
The facilitator has at least 10 years of experience in developing countries and preferably also in the Central asia
· Knows Central Asia very well and have relevant working experience in the region related to civil society and development cooperation.
· Is fluent in speaking and writing English and Russian.
· Has at least an MA graduate
· Has analytical and strategic skills and expertise
· Has affinity with development and development related fields such as democratisation, access to basic services, access to markets and approaches such as the programmatic cooperation and the rights based approach
Location and duration
The Facilitator will be based in the region (either Kyrgyzstan or Tajikistan) and can make use of the facilities (office space, etc) of the Act-D Central Asia agencies in Bishkek and Dushanbe.
Start: as soon as possible. The first 6 months the position is for 0,5 fte,(18 hours per week), the second 6 months 0,3 or 0,5 fte depending on necessity. After one year, the role of the facilitator will be evaluated, based on which a decision will be made by the Forum regarding continuation of the position.
On behalf of the Act Development CA forum, ICCO will provide a contract with the selected candidate, on the basis of a local contract with ICCO.
The facilitator is accountable to the Forum. On daily matters, the facilitator reports to and communicates with the chair of the ACT-D Forum.
Information / applications
For further information regarding this position, please contact: Joost van den Hee (telephone +31-30-69 27 861) or Michelle Schouwenburg (telephone +31-30-69 27 876). Letters of application and CVs must be received before May 1 2008 by ICCO, addressed to the Human Resources Department, Jaap Kingma. Please only send your application by email to email@example.com stating Facilitator ACT-D Central Asia.For general information on Act Development, visit: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/activities/act-development-home.html
For general information on ICCO & Kerk in Actie, visit: www.icco.nl or www.kerkinactie.nl