The Regional Environmental Center for Central Asia (CAREC) is an international organization, working based on a Charter signed by the governments of five countries of Central Asia, the European Union and UNDP. CAREC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be made solely on the basis of merit, fitness, and professional qualifications without regard to race, gender, color, creed, age, marital status, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap conditions, or any other non-merit factors.
Position Available: Country/Branch Office Director
Duty Station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Deadline for the Application: July 10, 2008
CAREC’s Country/Branch Office Director is expected to lead under the directions of the Executive Director of CAREC, the Country Office Kyrgyzstan, applying modern management tools and with a focus on effective project generation and implementation. By active fundraising efforts she/he is expected to contribute to the financial sustainability of the Country Office. She/he reports directly to the Country Office Coordinator in CAREC’s headquarters in Almaty and the Executive Director of CAREC.
Major Duties include but are not limited to:
1. To represent CAREC as a whole in the Kyrgyz Republic as well as to develop and maintain constructive and productive relationship between the CAREC and the Kyrgyz Republic;
2. To actively promote the cooperation and exchange of information between CAREC and all environmental stakeholders in the Kyrgyz Republic
3. To increase awareness in the Kyrgyz Republic about the CAREC, its mission and works/activities;
4. To exercise overall management of the Kyrgyzstan Country Office (CO): budget, quality, and human resource management in Kyrgyzstan CO, including staff recruitment, training and development, compensation and benefit, performance, discipline, social insurance in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force;
5. To develop and implement projects
6. To conduct fundraising, thus contributing to the self-sustainability of CAREC’s Country Office
7. To assist CAREC in grants programme implementation in Kyrgyzstan
8. To provides support and assistance to CAREC headquarters staff in implementing projects
9. To provide CAREC HQs with relevant necessary information on a continuous base
10. To organize and conduct workshops, seminars and training courses in Kyrgyzstan
11. To produce and submit to CAREC headquarters periodic reports on activities;
12. To perform any other duties as may be assigned.
University degree in an environment related subject combined with relevant management experience
Computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet)
Languages: Kyrgyz, Russian – fluently; English — fluent (Note: insufficient English Language abilities will lead to an immediate disregard of the application)
Management / supervisory skills, Project management skills
Work experience minimum 5 years in an area related to environment and/or management
Any electronic applications are accepted. Qualified candidates shall submit their resume in English together with reference letters and other relevant materials under the heading “Country Office Director Kyrgyzstan” to Mr. Bakhtiyar Ospanbayev by e-mail email@example.com latest by June 30, 2008.