The Pioneer–Generation Challenge Programme Fellowships
The Pioneer–Generation Challenge Program (GCP) Fellowship program promotes graduate education and is designed to contribute to agricultural research and education by supporting PhD studies in plant breeding and genetics. The program targets top performers who will advance plant science, with emphasis on international agriculture. The fellowship is financially supported by Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc, and implemented by GCP’s Subprogram 5 (Capacity-building and enabling delivery).
Eligibility and selection criteria
* Prove academic excellence in disciplines related to plant breeding.
* Demonstrated interest in improving agriculture in developing countries.
* Candidates who desire to remain in, or return to, their country of origin and contribute to agricultural development. Priority to candidates from developing countries that lack a strong agronomic education base.
* Proposed study program/area: priority to GCP crops that are also of interest to Pioneer.
* Candidates must already have been accepted for a PhD program at a recognized plant breeding institution.
Applications to be submitted on-line through the link at http://www.generationcp.org/latestnews.php?i=1357
Generation Challenge Programme (GCP) of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research, c/o CIMMYT, Km 45 Carretera Mexico-Vera Cruz, El Batan, Texcoco, CP 56130, Edo doe Mexico, Mexico
Organization: CGIAR Generation Challenge Program (GCP)
Closing Date: 30 November 2008